Steps we are taking to protect you during COVID-19
the Y Western Australia is aiming to open all recreation centres, pools and youth centres as soon as possible (Step 2 of the Western Australia Roadmap).
Upon opening, all centres have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place, meeting, and in many cases exceeding, all government requirements in relation to COVID-19. Many of the initiatives now in place will have an impact on how you use your Y. Please review the below changes and initiatives to help ensure a positive experience.
Our response to COVID-19
- We are meticulously cleaning and sanitising all of our centres and facilities more than ever before. You will see us throughout the day santising high contact locations (doors, handles, equipment, etc). In addition, every evening professional cleaners sanitise our facilities and have been briefed on COVID-19 specific cleaning requirements.
- You will see plenty of signage and communications reinforcing density/occupancy, social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures. In addition to informing you of these requirements, the signage is also present to remind you of the important role you play.
- At our leisure centres, we ask you to adhere to the principle of 'get in, train, and get out'. Come ready to work out, exercise and be active, then go home to change and shower. All visits are to be under 2 hours. Change room access may be unavailable or restricted.
- Hygiene stations will be placed at entrances and throughout our facilities. Please use hand sanitizer frequently, upon entering, exiting, and throughout your time in the centre.
- Proactively monitored by staff, we ask our customers to abide by occupancy/density restrictions. Signage will be placed accordingly reinforcing social distancing requirements (1.5m distances and 4 sq meter per person) and noting specific occupancy limits in spaces.
- Customers showing cold/flu-like indications (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) are not permitted in the facility until these symptoms have cleared for a number of days.
- We will operate cashless accepting payment exclusively by EFTPOS (debit card/credit card/mobile payment).
- Wherever possible, you will be directed online for new memberships, program enrollments, group fitness bookings, outstanding balance payments, etc.
- 24/7 gym access (if available at your centre) is currently unavailable.
- Our Cafes will be open but may have limited offerings, such as only pre-packages food and drink available. All food is takeaway only (tables/seats removed).
- Water fountains will be temporarily unavailable. Please bring a filled water bottle from home, or purchase bottled water from our cafe.
- We encourage all staff and customers to download the COVIDSafe app.
- All visitors attendance will be recorded including the time of entry and phone number for contact tracing purposes. Visitors include casual users, visit pass holders, members, contractors and staff.
Morley Sport and Recreation Centre - Open from Monday 25 May 2020 (occupancy restrictions in place). Call 9375 3529 for more details
Narrogin Regional Leisure Centre - Open from Monday 18 May 2020 (occupancy restrictions in place). Call 9881 2651 for more details
Serpentine Jarrahdale Community Recreation Centre - Closed; to be confirmed (occupancy restrictions in place). Call 9550 6777 for more details
Goldfields - The OSHC and centre are open for limited programs. The gym is currently closed. Call 9021 1035 for more details.
- All group fitness classes have reduced capacity adhering to government requirements. Initially, members will only be able to book into 1 group fitness session at a time.
- Please call to book your group fitness place. Call bookings will assist in avoiding disappointment in case your desired class reaches occupancy. Sign in to your online account by clicking the icon in the top right corner of the website.
- Whenever possible bring your own equipment (towel, mats, boxing glove inners).
- Sanitize and wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Adhere to floor markings for designated social distancing.
Pools / Aquatic Facilities
- Pool occupancy limits will be enforced, including adherence to 1 person per lane and 4 square metres per person.
- If required, swimmers are not to be accompanied by more than 1 caregiver who is not swimming.
- Group change rooms and showers will be closed. Please come ready to swim (swimsuit on, showered with soap).
- We are continuing to abide by all safe pool operating guidelines including regular pool testing, monitored chlorination and filtering.
Facility Rentals / Leagues / Sports / Programs
CURRENT STATUS: Call your local centre to enquire about facility rental.
All YMCA Stadium Sport Leagues and programs continue to be suspended until further notice. This includes all School and Social Sport Leagues.
Please consult your leagues/team/association/schools for all other non-YMCA programs/bookings. User groups may resume utilisation of the Centre upon adherence to current conditions and demonstrated COVIDSafe plan.
CURRENT STATUS: Waiting for confirmation of reopen dates.
Base@Belmont - To be advised. Base@Belmont will be operating at a ‘one in, one out’ capacity at the centre, with a 20 people capacity.
YTime - Open from 25 May, Monday and Tuesday 2:50pm - 5:00pm. YTime will be operating with a 10 people capacity.
HQ - To be advised.