Dance Inspire Dance Studio
At Dance Inspire Dance Studio, it is our goal to create a welcoming environment where students regardless of age or ability can continually learn and grow, be confident and have fun! Dance Inspire provides students of all ages and ability a variety of dance styles to experience & enjoy.
Our classes cater for students just starting out in dance, through to those who have been dancing for many years. We provide small class sizes of 8 - 16 to ensure each student has a tailored dance experience.
GROOVING KIDS is a fun filled class incorporating a variety of dance styles such as jazz, basic hip hop moves (to get you ready to progress to the Hip Hop classes), kicks, stretching and dance skills.
HIP HOP makes use of many components and techniques of dance found in Urban Dance. These include Popping, Locking, Breaking and Isolation exercises, teaching dancers how to move different parts of their body separately.
ACROBATICS is a beautiful, dynamic and spectacular art form for both girls and boys that develop student’s courage, strength, stamina, coordination and much more. This discipline is taught using specialized acrobatic mats and equipment. The limbering and stretching skills are exceptionally beneficial for all dancers and the skills gained help give the professional student a variety of tools and tricks to use in all dance genres.
STRETCH & SKILLS class is a very simple class with one purpose, to stretch and learn skills to help you improve in your dance classes! It is a nice class: it helps stretch your muscles and ligaments, and begin to warm up your muscles by stimulating blood flow. Improving your flexibility not only leads to a greater range of motion for your muscles, it also relieves stress, improves your performance and even prevents injury.
Download the latest Dance Inspire timetable. Call the centre now to enrol, and hurry! Places are limited. If a time doesn't suit, please contact us and we will try to accommodate times that suit the community. Follow us on Facebook and get the latest updates!
Please note the following guidelines
For us to create an environment that is respectful, warm and fun for your child, we ask that students and parents follow our dance studio guidelines.
- Please do not talk to any child other than your own.
- Please do not bring food inside the dance studio, only a water bottle is permitted.
- Please do not allow your children into the studio unless a teacher is present.
- Parents/Guardians are not permitted to stay in the classroom to watch for the following reasons: a) When the parent is present the child's attention is divided between the class and their desire to impress the parent. This does not allow them to fully participate in the class and thereby attain their potential, and b) Other children in the class are also distracted from the class routine by the "mysterious visitor". Some of them may be inhibited through shyness by the visitors presence. Due to lack of full attention the teacher is unable to instruct as she has planned.
- No cameras or videos are allowed unless consent from the teacher is given.
- Dress code must be observed at all times, otherwise they will be asked to sit and watch the class.
- Please make sure that students come to class clean and neat in appearance.
- Rehearsals for the end of the year concert must be attended by pupils or they will be unable to perform.
- No responsibility will be taken for students outside of their class times. Please ensure students are collected promptly after their set class. Before and after class, students are expected to be supervised by their parents, teacher supervision extends only to student in the studio.
- In the event of a medical emergency, and where a parent cannot be contacted, the guardian authorises YMCA to seek medical advice for the child.
- No mobile phones or electronic equipment to be used in class. Please ensure that all phones are turned off.
- Students must follow the instructions of their teacher at all times for their own safety.
- Students are expected to be polite and respectful to their teachers and other students at all times, in and out of class time. Manners and common courtesy must be shown to your teacher at all times.
- Students need to be on time for their classes so that they do not miss the warm ups & stretching. The warm-ups help to prevent muscle injury.
- No dangly earrings or necklaces are permitted in dance classes as they can lead to injuries.