Mirnutharntu Maya is a 48 bed facility which offers safe and affordable accommodation and support for trainees and apprentices.
Mirnutharntu Maya provides a stable, supportive and caring environment. Each resident is supported in a drug and alcohol free environment by mentors on site who facilitate the development of life skills and promote individual independence. Our core aim is to increase retention of apprentices and trainees.
Priority is given to Western Australian Aboriginal apprentices, trainees, employees and people on work ready programs who need safe and affordable housing. This is the priority group, however, this does not restrict other indigenous and non-indigenous trainees, apprentices and employees from finding accommodation at Mirnutharntu Maya.
We also offer accommodation for prac students, relief staff and corporate guests at a different rate. Please call us for more information.
Mirnutharntu Maya has been designed to assist trainees and apprentices focus on the training and work requirements needed to gain their respective qualification.
Our business hours are Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Mirnutharntu Maya offers:
- A stable, secure home style living environment
- Drug and alcohol free campus
- On-site mentor to interact and liaise on resident’s behalf
- Central location with a catered dining room
- Activities and programs for life skills development
- Positive role modelling
- Support and encouragement leadership development
- Work related transport when required
- Dedication to supporting and encouraging your employees to achieve their work goals
Mirnutharntu Maya was established through a partnership between BHP Billiton, the Pilbara Development Commission under the Pilbara Cities Initiative, the Housing Authority, the Department of Training and Workforce Development, the Department of Regional Development through the Royalties for Regions program and the Australian Government through the National Partnership Agreement on Remote Indigenous Housing.
Mirnutharntu Maya is managed by YMCA WA.