Woodvale Primary School Before and After School Hours Care
The service is located on site at Woodvale Primary School and provides care for up to 50 children every day.
Children can play, relax and even finish their homework in the safety of the YMCA’s before and after school care centres.
Supporting families and their children in a fun and stimulating environment is all part of our before and after school care that caters for children in Kindergarten through to the age of 12.
Your children will be cared for in an environment where we take responsibility in helping school-aged children meet their emotional and educational needs.
They will hang out with their friends and meet new friends which will help develop the social skills that come from sharing a meal together or playing a game.
Hours of Operation
- Before School Care: 7.00am until school starts
- After School: school finishes until 6.00pm
- Supervisors are able to be contacted from 1.00pm in the afternoon
All YMCA before and after school centres are staffed by qualified and experienced professionals who receive regular industry training.
Fees and Rebates
- All eligible families will receive the Government's Child Care Rebate and Child Care Benefit subsidy.
- Before School Care permanent bookings $21.00 per day, casual bookings $23.00 per day.
- After School Care permanent bookings $32.00 per day, casual bookings $34.00 per day.
A Typical Day for your child
Breakfast offered to all children, regardless of what time they arrive
- Flexible and relaxed atmosphere as we help children prepare their minds and bodies for the school day
- Inside and outside activities available and dependent on the personalities of the children and how they like to approach their mornings before heading to school
- Afternoon tea provided to re-energise children after school
- Homework club with qualified staff members on hand to help
- Structured and planned yet flexible activities are offered to help meet the physical, educational and emotional needs of children coming home from school
Above and Beyond
Don’t want your kids to miss out? Neither do we! If your children are at a school-based centre and want to take part in out-of-hours activities being held on school grounds, our staff will gladly escort them and return them to the YMCA centre afterwards.
Our staff love hanging out with your kids and enjoy being a part of their lives. So much so they will walk new or shy kids to their classrooms or even attend an assembly to watch children receive merit awards. They are also so engaged in the community that they regularly offer their help at school sports carnivals.
We send out a newsletter at the end of each term to their families to keep them up-to-date with what is happening at the centre and in their local community.
- My 5 year old daughter has been attending YMCA after school and vacation care at Woodvale Primary 2 days per week since March 2014. She absolutely loves it, and it’s an effort to get her to leave when I pick her up at night. I love the range of different sports and activities that she gets to experience - golf clinic, T-ball, touch rugby to name a few. I always try to expose my daughter to a wide range of experiences and YMCA care definitely contributes richly to her skills and social development. Being in pre-primary, my daughter loves having friends in the years above her. She has a tendency to be quite shy and intimidated in new situations but has had no problems with this at YMCA. Julie is so motivated and enthusiastic with lots of great ideas. Their in-house Italian restaurant in the last school holidays was a massive hit with all the kids. While being firm with the children, Julie demonstrates genuine warmth and care towards the children. - Pam
- I'm sure I vouch for many mums by saying Julie is amazing at the Woodvale YMCA. She is such a wonderful and pleasant person to deal with. She is firm when she needs to be but always caring. Her vacation care program is always exciting for every child regardless of age. She's a joy to have in my children's upbringing and I will continue sending my kids there! - Laura
- My son Tiernan attends YMCA in Woodvale before school, after school and vacation care. The staff are really great there and the activities they plan for vacation care are fantastic. My son loves it there, it's like a little family. We have only just moved from Ireland and he has made lots of friends there. I am totally happy with him there and the care they provide is excellent. - Orla