Ashdale Early Learning Centre
YMCA Ashdale Early Learning Centre is committed to providing the highest quality education and care to support your child to thrive.
A fantastic nature escape area makes outdoor exploration a key feature of our centre. The facility was purpose built by the YMCA in 2012, creating spacious and vibrant environments aimed at encouraging play and learning. The service is located on the school grounds at Ashdale Primary School, helping to provide a smooth transition into schooling.
The centre offers 55 places for children from birth to 5 years and we have a child health nurse on site 4 days a week. We have a central meeting place where the children come together to share their meals – we call it our “Piazza” – meaning a place to meet. The children enjoy real grass, water pumps, logs, trees, outdoor kitchenettes, rock pits, vegetable and flower gardens. We only serve nutritious home-style food, which made each day on site from our food-coordinator and our fees are extremely affordable.
The centre is a member of Remida; a creative reuse centre that supplies recyclable materials to services for children to be creative with and learn about sustainability. For older children in the family, YMCA WA also provides before and after school care and Vacation Care at Ashdale Primary School.
To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
Centre Director: Vici
Hi, I'm Vici! I am the Centre Director of YMCA WA Ashdale ELC. I have worked at the YMCA for over 7 years and at Ashdale Early Learning Centre for the past 3 years and I have been the Centre Director since August 2015.
I am very passionate about early childhood and ensuring the best outcomes for all children and their families.
Quality education is something every child should have access to – and parents and families have an important role to play
We are privileged to hold the future of the next generation and their tremendous potential in our hands. With that comes the responsibility of ensuring they have access to the highest standard of early education.
I believe in interactive programs where children and their families feel supported – and educators can work in partnership to ensure the highest standards of early learning is delivered.
The first five years are the most critical in a child's life and it's not that they can start to form the good habits which lead to lifelong learning.
I am very lucky to have a supportive and dedicated team to work with who also strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for the children and their families in our service.
We welcome you to come and have a look at our beautiful child care centre and explore how we can support you and your child.
- Great educators, friendly service and they are teaching my son great things.
- My son has learnt a lot from YMCA Ashdale. Great staff and a pleasant environment for kids to stay. Thank you.
- At YMCA Ashdale I am confident that my child is safe, nurtured and being cared of for all the areas of development.
- Ashdale is a fantastic centre. My kids love the carers and they truly have learnt so much. Highly recommend
- My daughter goes to the Darch centre and is cared for over 3 full days. I have found the centre management and its carers to be very warm and welcoming and always sensitive to my daughters needs on each day as these can be different each time we visit depending on how her night was or even her start to the day. We always get a warm welcome and Amelie really feels part of a large loving family when she’s at the centre and has made some lovely little friends. I really love having the updates and pictures in the record book and especially enjoy the learning outcomes updates I get from time to time. - Dominique
- Flexible, caring and very accommodating. YMCA have made life very easy for me, balancing school and work. - Kahli
- My child has attended Ashdale ELC for the past year and in that time I have always felt extremely comfortable leaving her. The educators are caring, friendly and passionate. I know my child is very happy there and feels safe and secure at the service. - Jo