Ashdale Early Learning Centre
YMCA Ashdale Early Learning Centre is committed to providing the highest quality education and care to support your child to thrive.
Receive one week free! New families joining YMCA Ashdale can receive one week free* when signing up now. Already an existing customer? We've got you covered! Refer a family to YMCA Ashdale and also receive one week free*. Contact us for further details on how to redeem this offer.
*Conditions apply, contact Centre for more information.
A fantastic nature escape area makes outdoor exploration a key feature of our centre. The facility was purpose built by the YMCA in 2012, creating spacious and vibrant environments aimed at encouraging play and learning. The service is located on the school grounds at Ashdale Primary School, helping to provide a smooth transition into schooling.
The centre offers 55 places for children from birth to 5 years and we have a child health nurse on site 4 days a week. We have a central meeting place where the children come together to share their meals – we call it our “Piazza” – meaning a place to meet. The children enjoy real grass, water pumps, logs, trees, outdoor kitchenettes, rock pits, vegetable and flower gardens. We only serve nutritious home-style food, which made each day on site from our food-coordinator and our fees are extremely affordable.
The centre is a member of Remida; a creative reuse centre that supplies recyclable materials to services for children to be creative with and learn about sustainability.
To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
Centre Director: Zoe
Hi there! My Name is Zoe Manson and I am the Centre Director at YMCA Ashdale Early Learning Centre in Darch.
I have been involved with the childcare and early learning industry for over 14 years and I have a Diploma in Children Services, as well as a Diploma in Leadership and Management. During my career I have gained much knowledge and experience in a variety of services before settling down with the YMCA as a Centre Director in 2018.
In my time at YMCA Ashdale I have enjoyed the natural environment the centre provides, and the tight-knit feel I like to call our small family with children and staff! The unique piazza and dining area at the centre helps bring us together, which I also enjoy.
Above all, nothing brings a smile to my face like seeing the difference made in the growth and development of children at our centre, and the positive impact amongst families dropping the kids in each day.
I am looking forward to welcoming you and your family to Ashdale Early Learning Centre.
- Great educators, friendly service and they are teaching my son great things.
- My son has learnt a lot from YMCA Ashdale. Great staff and a pleasant environment for kids to stay. Thank you.
- At YMCA Ashdale I am confident that my child is safe, nurtured and being cared for in all areas of development.
- Ashdale is a fantastic centre. My kids love the carers and they truly have learnt so much. Highly recommend
- My daughter goes to the Darch centre and is cared for over 3 full days. I have found the centre management and its carers to be very warm and welcoming and always sensitive to my daughters needs on each day as these can be different each time we visit depending on how her night was or even her start to the day. We always get a warm welcome and Amelie really feels part of a large loving family when she’s at the centre and has made some lovely little friends. I really love having the updates and pictures in the record book and especially enjoy the learning outcomes updates I get from time to time. - Dominique
- Flexible, caring and very accommodating. YMCA have made life very easy for me, balancing school and work. - Kahli
- My child has attended Ashdale ELC for the past year and in that time I have always felt extremely comfortable leaving her. The educators are caring, friendly and passionate. I know my child is very happy there and feels safe and secure at the service. - Jo
Fabulous center! From the first day we took a tour, to my daughter being enrolled this center has been nothing but amazing. The staff are very caring, attentive and knowledgeable. Very impressed with the updates and communication (including photos) which allows me to check in and see how she’s going throughout the day. My daughter has made a great bond with her educators which makes me really happy to see that she is comfortable, happy and safe in her space. Highly recommend!-Zainab