East Cannington Early Learning Centre
The Y's East Cannington Early Learning Centre is located in a quiet suburban area, with ample space for children to play, grow and learn!
- Strong ties to the local community; the majority of our enrolments come through word of mouth and personal referrals
- Each child receives a personalised learning program to drive their development
- Regular excursions to local parks and bushland
- Regular incursions (including a yearly visit from the dentist to teach us about oral health!)
- As a multicultural centre we are blessed with families and educators from around the globe. Our staff are able to share their language with the children, and help your family to settle in at our service. Languages spoken by our ELC Educators include: Hindi, Spanish, Tamil, Gujarati and Marathi.
Our East Cannington ELC is an expansive centre located in a quiet suburban area. Our families tell us our sense of community and homely atmosphere makes our centre a home away from home for our children.
Our centre features ample room for our children to play, including two yards, playgrounds, bike track, cubby house, sand pit, mud kitchen and an on-site veggie patch! We are located in close proximity to natural bushland, meaning our children benefit from regular excursions; experiencing bushwalking and nature exploration amongst wildflowers and wetlands.
As well as early learning, the East Cannington runs a pre-kindy program with a qualified Early Childhood teacher. Our centre is also a member of Remida; a creative reuse centre that supplies recyclable materials to services for children to be creative with and learn about sustainability.
We offer 59 places for children from birth to 5 years, we only serve nutritious home-style food and we pride ourselves on offering extremely affordable fees. To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
Centre Director: Bevelene
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education (Dip. Ed)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
My name is Bevelene but most the families at the Centre know me as Ms Bev. I come from a family of teachers and have over ten years of experience working in Education in India, UAE and in Perth. Outside of work I enjoy being out in nature, hiking and photography.
I have a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and a Master of Business Administration International. I have been at the Y for the last three and a half years and loved every bit of it, from the interactions with the children to engaging with the families at drop off, pick up and the events we have during the year.
As Centre Director of the Y East Cannington Early Learning Centre I have the support of a great team of Educators who have nurturing relationships with the children helping them learn and grow every single day. We work closely with families to understand children’s needs better. Our centre is a home away from home where each child has a sense of belonging.
Here at the Y, we have a play based approach to learning and the child is the center of everything that we do. Our safeguarding practices at the Y WA received the highest overall assessment of “Excellent” by Australian Childhood Foundation.
I look forward to supporting our future generation develop into curious and confident individuals.
At East Cannington ELC we offer:
- Places for children from 6 weeks to 6 years
- Extensive outdoor natural environment
- Bushwalks to the bushland across the road from the Centre
- Nutritious and delicious home-style meals individual children's dietary and cultural requirements.
- Affordable fees
Why the Y?
- 30+ years of experience in operating exceptional child care centres
- We’re part of the YMCA, the world’s oldest youth and children’s charity – meaning we focus on children, not profits
- Highly skilled, passionate employees who believe in doing meaningful work
- Our Approach to Learning focuses on placing the child at the centre of their learning, and creating beautiful homelike environments where children can flourish
- Nutritious home cooked meals prepared fresh on site, catering to allergies and cultural dietary requirements
- The centre has friendly and supportive staff which made our experience at East Cannington fantastic.
- Amazing educators that reflect my families’ values and teaching style, encouraging my daughter to be independent, resilient and take risks.
- Kya absolutely loves it there plus there is so much natural play kids can do enjoying nature.
- My daughter Abby loves it there so much, she's definitely having a wonderful time there. The care is above and beyond, and the food is great.
- Lots of activities planned for the babies which includes lots of outdoor play. Healthy and tasty food is prepared daily for them. The educators are very friendly, welcoming, and attentive to the children and parents.