Kalgoorlie Early Learning Centre
Architecturally designed, learning environment developed with sensory and creative experiences to encourage every child to reach their full potential.
Our programs are designed to meet the individual interests and needs of all children and support their learning journey. Our award winning nature escape outdoor environment plays a large role in shaping centre programs around nature play.
Our staff are passionate, dedicated and qualified early childhood educators, and we pride ourselves on offering extremely affordable fees. We offer places for children from birth to 5 years and we only serve nutritious home-style food. We offer flexible hours to accommodate to all rosters, while providing access to a child health nurse. The centre is a member of Remida - a creative reuse centre that supplies recyclable materials to services for children to be creative with and learn about sustainability.
To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
Centre Director: Kirsti
Hi everyone. My name is Kirsti, and I am the Director of Kalgoorlie ELC. I have worked in early learning nearly all my life and absolutely love it.
I have a degree in Child Psychology, a Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Children's Services, a Diploma of Business, a Diploma in HR, Cert IV in Assessment & Workplace Training as well as a Cert IV in Frontline Management and Business.
I started in early learning as a child psychologist, but I decided I needed to be a voice for children before trauma happened, and nearly 30 years later, I am still a voice for children. I am a huge advocate for child protection and child safety, and teaching children protective behaviours.
I live with my partner, Dave and he is a qualified cabinet maker as well as a qualified horticulturist. We have 2 dogs - a purebred golden retriever, and a rescue purebred husky. I have just the one daughter and 2 grandsons who mean the absolute world to us. I am a big believer in working together with families to set and achieve goals for children, as this sets them up for life and creates a lifetime love of learning.
Please feel free to come in and meet myself and the team. We are all here to support you and your child into the centre, as well as being available for advice and helping you throughout your parenting journey.
- This centre has been amazing to my daughter. She is a very shy kid, but loves her educators, and learning. They have really brought her out of her shell, and she is a lot more confident in herself
- The staff are friendly and welcoming, and I can tell they adore my son as much as he adores them.
- The service from when you walk through the door to seeing the ladies out the back is always so welcoming and warming which is so nice as a parent but also makes it so much more comfortable for the kids. The venue is always spotless as well! We have been so pleased with the Y!
- The Educators are wonderful, we are always welcomed warmly, the ladies are very attentive to my child's needs and it’s so nice to see them always be so interactive and involved with the children.
- The facility itself is beautiful but more important than that is the level of care my son has received from educators and staff who are clearly highly qualified and genuinely wonderful people.
- I pulled my kids from a different day-care as I had concerns, but I don’t even think twice with the Y all the carers have been amazing & caring of both kids, as well as working hard to help assist my child’s speech & the kids are excited for day-care.