Mercy Before and After School Hours Care
The service is located on site at Mercy College and provides care for up to 39 children every day.
Children can play, relax and even finish their homework in the safety of the YMCA’s before and after school care centres.
Supporting families and their children in a fun and stimulating environment is all part of our before and after school care that caters for children in Kindergarten through to the age of 12.
Your children will be cared for in an environment where we take responsibility in helping school-aged children meet their emotional and educational needs.
They will hang out with their friends and meet new friends which will help develop the social skills that come from sharing a meal together or playing a game.
Hours of Operation
- Before School Care: 7.00am until school starts
- After School: school finishes until 6.00pm
- Supervisors are able to be contacted from 1.00pm in the afternoon
All YMCA before and after school centres are staffed by qualified and experienced professionals who receive regular industry training.
Fees and Rebates
- All eligible families will receive the Government's Child Care Subsidy package (CCS).
- Before School Care permanent bookings $25.00 per day, casual bookings $27.00 per day.
- After School Care permanent bookings $35.00 per day, casual bookings $37.00 per day.
A Typical Day for your child
Breakfast offered to all children, regardless of what time they arrive
- Flexible and relaxed atmosphere as we help children prepare their minds and bodies for the school day
- Inside and outside activities available and dependent on the personalities of the children and how they like to approach their mornings before heading to school
- Afternoon tea provided to re-energise children after school
- Homework club with qualified staff members on hand to help
- Structured and planned yet flexible activities are offered to help meet the physical, educational and emotional needs of children coming home from school
Above and Beyond
Don’t want your kids to miss out? Neither do we! If your children are at a school-based centre and want to take part in out-of-hours activities being held on school grounds, our staff will gladly escort them and return them to the YMCA centre afterwards.
Our staff love hanging out with your kids and enjoy being a part of their lives. So much so they will walk new or shy kids to their classrooms or even attend an assembly to watch children receive merit awards. They are also so engaged in the community that they regularly offer their help at school sports carnivals.
We send out a newsletter at the end of each term to their families to keep them up-to-date with what is happening at the centre and in their local community.
Need Vacation Care?
View our School Holiday Program here.
- I use the OSHC at Mercy College. I find the staff are very flexible & supportive to my needs. They always provide my daughter with a comfortable environment where she participates in a wide variety of activities both inside & outside. All the staff are fantastic & I would highly recommend the centre. - Renee
- My son attended vacation care at YMCA Mercy from aged 11 until recently when he turned 15. He loved the activities and outings and just playing sport with the other boys. He really loved having male play leaders who were great role models. Tony now volunteers at YMCA Mercy and hopes to work there when he's older as he enjoys coaching the younger boys in sport. - Vivienne