Newman Early Learning Centre
YMCA Newman Early Learning Centre has a team of educators who are inclusive and welcoming of all families.
The facility was purpose built by the YMCA in partnership with BHP Billiton Iron Ore in 2009 to support the needs of the local community. The centre has an amazing natural outdoor environment with real grass, trees, vegetable, a flower gardens and chickens, as well as offering a diverse creative arts program. The sense of community and homely atmosphere makes our centre a home away from home. At every opportunity, children are discovering and bringing their learning to life.
We offer places for children from birth to 5 years, we only serve nutritious home-style food and we pride ourselves on offering extremely affordable fees. The centre is a member of Remida; a creative reuse centre that supplies recyclable materials to services for children to be creative with and learn about sustainability.
YMCA Newman Early Learning Centre is also the base for a range of YMCA’s Family Support Programs, supporting Indigenous families and children in Newman and outlaying communities. We are committed to improving outcomes for Indigenous children and assisting them in successfully transitioning into school.
To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
Centre Director: Carine Armoogum
Hi there! My Name is Carine and I am the Centre Director at The Y Newman Early Learning Centre.
I moved to Australia seven years ago, but have been part of the Early Childhood Education industry since finishing high school. I currently hold a Diploma in Early Childhood and an Advanced Diploma in Leadership + Management and the Community Sector Management.
I am passionate about supporting children's holistic development and work closely with our educators to create a close-knit family feel, where children feel safe and supported to take risks, learn, become active, informed members of our community and have fun along the way.
The Y Newman also offers a beautiful natural environment, where children can explore and learn from the world around them. Our centre offers a large 'Piazza' (meeting space) for the children to come together to eat or participate together as a community.
I look forward to getting to know you and your child at the Y Newman and hope to see you very soon.
- My son loves the Y Newman. He is always happy and confident there and has loved all of his educators. Trying to get him to stop talking about them all was very hard. I had such a fantastic experience at the Y that when I moved towns we chose to send him to another Y Early Learning Centre.
- The Y Newman look after my kids very well. Educators always lovely and communicate well with parents. Every time I pick my children up they don’t want to go home, that’s how much they love the centre and educators.
- My son loves the educators, and I love the connection they have with him. The communication is also great
- Leeanne is an asset to the Y she has can identify what my son's needs are on any given day and is absolutely by far the best carer I have ever met. I appreciate everything she does for our children in her care.
- All such amazing educators. The excitement my son gets every morning to go to day care makes it easier being a full-time working mum