Port Hedland Early Learning Centre
YMCA Port Hedland Early Learning Centre was purpose built by the YMCA in partnership with BHP, creating spacious and vibrant environments that encourage play and learning.
Our programs are designed to meet the individual interests and needs of all children and support their learning journey. Our award winning nature escape outdoor environment plays a large role in shaping centre programs around nature play.
Our staff are passionate, dedicated and qualified early childhood educators, and we pride ourselves on offering extremely affordable fees. We offer places for children from birth to 5 years and we only serve nutritious home-style food. We offer flexible hours to accommodate to all rosters, while providing access to a child health nurse. The centre is a member of Remida - a creative reuse centre that supplies recyclable materials to services for children to be creative with and learn about sustainability.
To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
- My son went from home day care in another state to full time day care at YMCA WA and he loves it and has made so many great little friends. His development has also skyrocketed and he continues to amaze us with the things he can do daily.
- Both my daughters have attended the Port Hedland Early Learning Centre full-time from 6 months of age. They are social, well adjusted, healthy and most importantly, happy. I am very grateful to the educators who have contributed to the little people they are becoming.
- It’s been almost one year since my baby started at YMCA. She enjoys every moment. She is excited to see educators and friends. It is a great environment and she has learned so much since then. Thank you all for all the attention given to her.
- Thank you so very much for all the time and effort the educators have put into our children. They will surely miss you guys and the safe environment your provided. I would love to especially thank the Babies, Kindy staff for their efforts and attention to our children. They were the ones our children would come home and talk about or I would see take special interest in helping my two.
- The staff have done an incredible job at keeping the centre functioning at full operations throughout all the Covid issues. Massive credit to them it must have been challenging. Very grateful mum
- Charlie and Sophia are always taken care of. All the staff are welcoming and so lovely, educator Sangita really makes them feel safe and secure!
- Love the staff, they are all so lovely and show a care for my kids that I would expect from a family member
- I have seen a really positive change in the rooms. It’s been fantastic to see tabletop activities set up ready for the children at the start of the day. The teachers are planning some engaging activities, planting, and growing seeds. I think the centre is doing really well under Suzyios leadership.