Timber Tots Early Learning Centre
YMCA Timber Tots Early Learning Centre is a small, purpose built service designed to meet the needs of rural families.
Receive one week free! New families joining YMCA Timber Tots can receive one week free* when signing up now. Already an existing customer? We've got you covered! Refer a family to YMCA Timber Tots and also receive one week free*. Contact us for further details on how to redeem this offer.
*Conditions apply, contact Centre for more information.
We are conveniently located within the Manjimup Community Centre, alongside other family support programs including the Toy Library, Playgroup and Child Health Services. Our educators are committed to supporting all children’s interests and encouraging them to grow and thrive.
Our centre also offers beautiful outdoor spaces for the children to explore, as well has providing a variety of creative indoor art programs which include clay modelling, sewing, chalk drawing, weaving, water colour painting and more.
We only serve nutritious home-style food, and we pride ourselves on offering extremely affordable fees. The centre is also a member of Remida; a creative reuse centre that supplies recyclable materials to services for children to be creative with and learn about sustainability.
To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
Centre Director: Gerardene
Hi there ! My Name is Gerardene King and I am the Centre Director at YMCA Timber tots Early Learning Centre in Manjimup .
I have been involved with the childcare and early learning industry since 2002 and I have a Diploma in children services as well as Diploma’s in Business and Management. During my career I have gained much knowledge and experience in a variety of services before settling down with the YMCA first as a qualified educator in 2009 then becoming a centre director in 2015.
I am a strong advocate for many who use our services as I love watching the children learn through play while believing that each child is unique capable and curious with the strength to be the master of their own learning. I love developing relationships between myself as a director and also with the families and these are always built on mutual respect and trust.
I have been a resident of the lower south west region for around 9 years and absolutely love and enjoy the scenery that Manjimup has to offer and enjoy bring natural resources into everyday practices.
I am looking forward to welcoming you and your family to Timber Tots Early Learning Centre.
- Our children have attended Timber Tots over six years and we have always been very happy with the standard of care they have received. Most important is that the staff really relate to the kids; our kids have always been very happy to be there. Also, the early learning programme is great. And, at the risk of picking out one person in a solid team, Mrs Brown is a treasure!
- Manjimup Timber Tots has the most caring, experienced, organised staff. It gives me real peace of mind to know I am leaving my little ones in such capable hands.
- I have been privileged to have such a facility available to me for my daughter to be adequately cared for while I resumed work. I would not hesitate to recommend this centre.
- The staff are welcoming, friendly and cheerful. My grandson is always willing to go and comes excited and had a good day.
- Fantastic and personal service for each and every child
- Outstanding service, a home away from home for our baby girl!