Westminster Early Learning Centre
YMCA Westminster Early Learning Centre is a service where the staff provide natural learning environments for children and the highest quality education and care to support your child to thrive.
Receive one week free! New families joining YMCA Westminster can receive one week free* when signing up now. Already an existing customer? We've got you covered! Refer a family to YMCA Westminster and also receive one week free*. Contact us for further details on how to redeem this offer.
*Conditions apply, contact Centre for more information.
The Y Westminster Early Learning Centre
At the Y Westminster Early Learning Centre, our warm and caring staff provide a safe home away from home for your children to learn, grow and play!
Why the Y?
- 30 years of experience in operating exceptional child care centres
- Our Westminster ELC Exceeds National Quality Standards
- We’re part of the YMCA, the world’s oldest youth and children’s charity – meaning we focus on children, not profits.
- Highly skilled, passionate employees who believe in doing meaningful work
- Our Approach to Learning focuses on placing the child at the centre of their learning, and creating beautiful homelike environments where children can flourish
- Nutritious home cooked meals prepared fresh on site, catering to allergies and cultural dietary requirements
Our centre offers a range of programs and activities for your little one, including:
- Personalised learning programs for each child’s development
- ELLA Language Program (currently: Hindi, next term: Mandarin)
- Dance and Movement programs (Happy Feet)
- Weekly excursions to Westminster Primary school, the school library and local playgroup
- Pick up and drop offs to Westminster Primary School
- Strong ties to the community, including the local Child and Parent Centre
- As a multicultural centre we are blessed with families and educators from around the globe. Our staff are able to share their language with the children, and help your family to settle in at our service.
Languages spoken at our ELC include: Arabic, Creole, Farsi, French, Gaelic, Hindi, Italian, Kazakh, Punjabi, Sinhalese, Russian, Turkish
Our centre facilities include:
- Dedicated rooms for babies (0-2), toddlers (2-3) and kindergarten (3-5)
- A veggie patch, for children to develop an understanding and appreciation for the environment
- Shaded outdoor play spaces with a bike track, cubby house, fountain and natural elements including logs, trees and garden
- On site parking
To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
Centre Director: Roberta
- Diploma in Education and Care
- Diploma in Educational Psychology
- Associate Degree in Social Science (Family and Children Services/Psychology)
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
My name is Roberta. I’ve been working in early childhood education and care for the past 26 years, as an Educator, Trainer, Manager, and now as Centre Director with the Y Westminster ELC!
I am very passionate about the Early Childhood Sector, and aim to create an environment that scaffolds each child’s individual learning and development.
By making sure my centre has an atmosphere where all children feel relaxed, happy, comfortable, and confident within themselves and the environment to learn and develop at their own pace.
I am supported by a wonderful team, and we work together to ensure each child receives the highest level of care and education possible in a warm, nurturing, and safe environment by creating a feeling of acceptance and sense of belonging.
I believe that each individual has the right to self-development and realisation of their own potential. Children should be given choices, responsibilities, and opportunities to initiate their own learning.
As a Centre Director I endeavour to ensure that families are at the centre of everything we do and am passionate about creating strong and lasting links to community. We work closely with local schools, Child Parent Centres and play groups to ensure great outcomes for our children.
In my personal life, I am a mother of two to Bianca aged 17, and Julian aged 25. I have been married for 28 years, and love bush walking, reading, and spending time with my family.
At Westminster ELC we offer:
- Places for children from 6 weeks to 6 years.
- Before and After School Care.
- Extensive outdoor environment with bike track, cubby house, logs, trees, fountain and garden.
- Walking excursions to a diverse range of community destinations.
- Nutritious and delicious home-style cooking that meets individual children's dietary requirements.
- Affordable fees.
- Thank you YMCA Westminster for everything you do for my boy, Liam. He is growing up to be a very intelligent little boy because you all make a huge effort with him every day and we appreciate it. - Tess
- I love this centre for my son because they always accommodate his needs and make sure he's happy. It's such a warm, homely place and they always have time for us. - Bebo
- We were referred to Westminster YMCA through our local community page after asking for recommendations for daycare. We did a lot of tours of different facilities but kept comparing them to the YMCA. We love the family feel of the centre, like that fact that it's also in a safe location and the staff are very knowledgeable. Very happy with our choice! - Robyn
- My baby has recently started in YMCA Westminster and she has settled in so well. I have found both the staff and management very caring, understanding and helpful with the transition from home life and I am very happy with the high level of care that she receives! I am looking forward to watching her grow with the YMCA. - Ciarán
- As an Irish family, with no extended family here in Perth to help with my children, I am so grateful to have found YMCA. The staff are always so warm & friendly. Every morning my little girl is greeted with open arms. They have done an incredible job helping me shape my little one into the clever little girl that she is. My toddler is so fussy for me and eats nothing at home but I have witnessed how she eats everything when she’s at daycare. I also love how I always receive emails updating me on what the kids have been up to and it’s great to see all the pictures they take of all the activities they do. - Aisling
- Nic has been attending daycare with Westminster YMCA since mid last year in 2019. At first, I was incredibly nervous, anxious even to take him out of our little comfort bubble I had spent the last 3 year's building. The staff at the Y helped me get over that pretty quickly. My son is so happy every single day he comes home from daycare! For that, I will be forever grateful. Not only have the ladies helped me feel comfortable by keeping regular contact throughout the day, they listen to me and cater to Nics individual needs with the most loving and kind approach. Issues with toilet training, weaning off dummies, him being a fussy eater, have all been dealt with in the most compassionate, professional manner and it has not only made it so easy for him, it allows me to go to work without any stress, knowing he is being taken care of and loved in such a safe, clean and warm environment. I would absolutely recommend Westminster YMCA to anyone! - Olivia
- A big thank you to the entire team at the Y Westminster for the love, care and support you provide to all the children and their families. You have provided care to our two sons now over the last five years and the boys see the educators as extended family. It is only with staff who are following their passion these relationships genuinely form and grow. - Kristy