The Y Westminster Early Learning Centre
At the Y Westminster Early Learning Centre, our warm and caring staff provide a safe home away from home for your children to learn, grow and play!
Our centre offers a range of programs and activities for your little one, including:
- Personalised learning programs for each child’s development
- Weekly excursions to Westminster Primary school, the school library and local playgroup
- Pick up and drop offs to Westminster Primary School
- Strong ties to the community, including the local Child and Parent Centre
- As a multicultural centre we are blessed with families and educators from around the globe. Our staff are able to share their language with the children, and help your family to settle in at our service. Languages spoken at our ELC include: Arabic, French, Hindi, Punjabi, Sinhalese, Sri Lankan.
Our centre facilities include:
- Dedicated rooms for babies (0-2), toddlers (2-3) and kindergarten (3-5)
- A veggie patch, for children to develop an understanding and appreciation for the environment
- Shaded outdoor play spaces with a bike track, cubby house, fountain and natural elements including logs, trees and garden
- On site parking
Why the Y?
- 30 years of experience in operating exceptional child care centres
- Our Westminster ELC Meets National Quality Standards
- We’re part of the YMCA, the world’s oldest youth and children’s charity – meaning we focus on children, not profits.
- Highly skilled, passionate employees who believe in doing meaningful work
- Nutritious home cooked meals prepared fresh on site, catering to allergies and cultural dietary requirements
To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
Centre Director: Dinusha Kalupahana
My name is Dinusha, and I am the Centre Director here at the Y Westminster. I am passionate about supporting children’s holistic development and work closely with our educators to create a sustainable flourishing environment where children can grow and learn.
I have almost 10 years of experience in the early childhood education and care field having worked in various roles, including as an educator, room leader, pedagogical leader, assistant director, and acting director. Alongside this experience I also have an Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care, a Diploma in School Age Education and Care, and a Diploma in Children's Services.
I am proud to have been nominated twice for the Australian Early Education and Care Award in 2015 and 2017, which was run by the Australian Family Early Education and Care Awards. Additionally, I was awarded the Y WA Stra Employee of the Year in 2022.
One of the things I love most about working at Westminster ELC is the diversity of our community. I value the wealth of cultural experiences that our families and educators bring, and I enjoy working with diverse people from all backgrounds.
I am also fortunate enough to work with an amazing team amazing educators who support children grow and learn every single day. We are committed to providing a high-quality early learning experience that promotes children's development, well-being, and positive sense of self.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family to our community!
- We were referred to Westminster YMCA through our local community page after asking for recommendations for daycare. We did a lot of tours of different facilities but kept comparing them to the YMCA. We love the family feel of the centre, like that fact that it's also in a safe location and the staff are very knowledgeable. Very happy with our choice! - Robyn
- Thank you YMCA Westminster for everything you do for my boy, Liam. He is growing up to be a very intelligent little boy because you all make a huge effort with him every day and we appreciate it. - Tess
- I love this centre for my son because they always accommodate his needs and make sure he's happy. It's such a warm, homely place and they always have time for us. - Bebo
- My baby has recently started in YMCA Westminster and she has settled in so well. I have found both the staff and management very caring, understanding and helpful with the transition from home life and I am very happy with the high level of care that she receives! I am looking forward to watching her grow with the YMCA. - Ciarán
- As an Irish family, with no extended family here in Perth to help with my children, I am so grateful to have found YMCA. The staff are always so warm & friendly. Every morning my little girl is greeted with open arms. They have done an incredible job helping me shape my little one into the clever little girl that she is. My toddler is so fussy for me and eats nothing at home but I have witnessed how she eats everything when she’s at daycare. I also love how I always receive emails updating me on what the kids have been up to and it’s great to see all the pictures they take of all the activities they do. - Aisling
- Nic has been attending daycare with Westminster YMCA since mid last year in 2019. At first, I was incredibly nervous, anxious even to take him out of our little comfort bubble I had spent the last 3 year's building. The staff at the Y helped me get over that pretty quickly. My son is so happy every single day he comes home from daycare! For that, I will be forever grateful. Not only have the ladies helped me feel comfortable by keeping regular contact throughout the day, they listen to me and cater to Nics individual needs with the most loving and kind approach. Issues with toilet training, weaning off dummies, him being a fussy eater, have all been dealt with in the most compassionate, professional manner and it has not only made it so easy for him, it allows me to go to work without any stress, knowing he is being taken care of and loved in such a safe, clean and warm environment. I would absolutely recommend Westminster YMCA to anyone! - Olivia
- A big thank you to the entire team at the Y Westminster for the love, care and support you provide to all the children and their families. You have provided care to our two sons now over the last five years and the boys see the educators as extended family. It is only with staff who are following their passion these relationships genuinely form and grow. - Kristy
- We have been happy with the care our son receives, we like the outdoor spaces, and he is always happy at pick up time and has had a good day.
- I love all the educators at the Y Westminster. They have had both my kids since they were just 6 months old, and my kids adore them! They are always so accommodating to my needs!