Westminster Early Learning Centre
YMCA Westminster Early Learning Centre is a service where the staff provide natural learning environments for children and the highest quality education and care to support your child to thrive.
Receive one week free! New families joining YMCA Westminster can receive one week free* when signing up now. Already an existing customer? We've got you covered! Refer a family to YMCA Westminster and also receive one week free*. Contact us for further details on how to redeem this offer.
*Conditions apply, contact Centre for more information.
YMCA WA has over 30 years’ experience as a provider of Early Childhood Education and Care. We are dedicated to inspiring and nurturing children to become independent in a real world environment.
We want to help children grow socially and emotionally and instill a love of learning that will help prepare them for their formal schooling days ahead. We believe children should be immersed in beautiful, home-like and authentic environments. You’ll find a lot of natural light and minimal plastic at our stimulating metropolitan and regional ELC centres.
All our programs are staffed by qualified, experienced childcare professionals with current National Police Clearances and Working with Children Checks. We are a child safe accredited organisation and are committed to the protection and safety of your child.
To understand our Approach to Learning, Philosophy of care and more information on Early Learning Centres at YMCA WA please click here.
Centre Director: Clare
Hi there! My name is Clare and I am the Centre Director at YMCA Westminster Early Learning Centre.
I have been involved in the childcare and early learning industry for more than 14 years, both in Ireland and Australia. I hold a Diploma in Montessori Teaching and a Diploma in Nursing from Ireland as well as a Diploma in Children Services here in Australia. Along with this, I am trained in First Aid, CPR and Food Safety.
I absolutely love my job and I'm passionate about children's learning and development. I really believe that the service should be a home away from home and I love the role that YMCA Westminster ELC plays in the community and with families.
We believe that family is an important influence on a child's growth and development, and therefore welcome parents to attend our centre at any time; to ask questions, offer support and join in with the programs we provide for their children. Our service embraces multicultural diversity by encouraging our staff and families to provide us with a variety of cultural backgrounds to draw inspiration from.
At Westminster ELC we offer:
- Places for children from 6 weeks to 6 years.
- Before and After School Care.
- Extensive outdoor environment with bike track, cubby house, logs, trees, fountain and garden.
- Walking excursions to a diverse range of community destinations.
- Nutritious and delicious home-style cooking that meets individual children's dietary requirements.
- Affordable fees.
- Thank you YMCA Westminster for everything you do for my boy, Liam. He is growing up to be a very intelligent little boy because you all make a huge effort with him every day and we appreciate it. - Tess
- I love this centre for my son because they always accommodate his needs and make sure he's happy. It's such a warm, homely place and they always have time for us. - Bebo
- We were referred to Westminster YMCA through our local community page after asking for recommendations for daycare. We did a lot of tours of different facilities but kept comparing them to the YMCA. We love the family feel of the centre, like that fact that it's also in a safe location and the staff are very knowledgeable. Very happy with our choice! - Robyn
- My baby has recently started in YMCA Westminster and she has settled in so well. I have found both the staff and management very caring, understanding and helpful with the transition from home life and I am very happy with the high level of care that she receives! I am looking forward to watching her grow with the YMCA. - Ciarán
- As an Irish family, with no extended family here in Perth to help with my children, I am so grateful to have found YMCA. The staff are always so warm & friendly. Every morning my little girl is greeted with open arms. They have done an incredible job helping me shape my little one into the clever little girl that she is. My toddler is so fussy for me and eats nothing at home but I have witnessed how she eats everything when she’s at daycare. I also love how I always receive emails updating me on what the kids have been up to and it’s great to see all the pictures they take of all the activities they do. - Aisling
- Nic has been attending daycare with Westminster YMCA since mid last year in 2019. At first, I was incredibly nervous, anxious even to take him out of our little comfort bubble I had spent the last 3 year's building. The staff at the Y helped me get over that pretty quickly. My son is so happy every single day he comes home from daycare! For that, I will be forever grateful. Not only have the ladies helped me feel comfortable by keeping regular contact throughout the day, they listen to me and cater to Nics individual needs with the most loving and kind approach. Issues with toilet training, weaning off dummies, him being a fussy eater, have all been dealt with in the most compassionate, professional manner and it has not only made it so easy for him, it allows me to go to work without any stress, knowing he is being taken care of and loved in such a safe, clean and warm environment. I would absolutely recommend Westminster YMCA to anyone! - Olivia