To provide opportunities for children and young people to grow in body, mind and spirit.
The following values connect us with our heritage and wider YMCA community and define the worth of the people and communities we work with.
The YMCAs of Australia are guided to achieve their mission by the following Christian values. We value:
- The whole person consisting of a body, a mind and a spirit each of which is of equal importance.
- The dignity and intrinsic worth of all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, belief or other difference.
- Diversity of people, communities and nations.
- Equality of opportunity and justice for all people.
- Healthy communities based on relationships between people which are characterised by love, understanding and mutual respect.
- Acceptance of personal responsibility.
These core values translate into four key operational values:
Our Key Areas of Focus
We focus on community level impacts through service delivery in three key areas:
- Early Education – with an investment in transition into preschool
- Youth Participation – investing in young people as they transition into adulthood and community leadership
- Health and Wellness – investment in transitions into healthy living and physical activity
What do we hope for in 10 years – what community outcomes are we striving towards?
Children and Young People will be:
- Achieving optimal wellbeing
- Developing themselves through learning
- Enable and equipped to live life well
- Actively contributing in relationships with family, friends and providing leadership within their community
Communities will be:
- Welcoming, understanding and creating a sense of belonging
- Stimulating, inspiring and inviting