St Joseph's After School Care
Children can play, relax and even finish their homework in the safety of the YMCA’s before and after school care centres.
Supporting families and their children in a fun and stimulating environment is all part of our before and after school care that caters for children in Kindergarten through to the age of 12.
Your children will be cared for in an environment where we take responsibility in helping school-aged children meet their emotional and educational needs.
They will hang out with their friends and meet new friends which will help develop the social skills that come from sharing a meal together or playing a game.
Hours of Operation
- After School: 3:00pm until 6.00pm
- Supervisors are able to be contacted from 1.00pm in the afternoon
All YMCA before and after school centres are staffed by qualified and experienced professionals who receive regular industry training.
Fees and Rebates
- All eligible families will receive the Government's Child Care Subsidy package.
- Permanent bookings $40.00 per day
- Casual bookings $42.00 per day
A Typical Day for your child
- Afternoon tea provided to re-energise children after school
- Homework club with qualified staff members on hand to help
- Structured and planned yet flexible activities are offered to help meet the physical, educational and emotional needs of children coming home from school
Above and Beyond
Don’t want your kids to miss out? Neither do we! If your children are at a school-based centre and want to take part in out-of-hours activities being held on school grounds, our staff will gladly escort them and return them to the YMCA centre afterwards.
Our staff love hanging out with your kids and enjoy being a part of their lives. So much so they will walk new or shy kids to their classrooms or even attend an assembly to watch children receive merit awards. They are also so engaged in the community that they regularly offer their help at school sports carnivals.
We send out a newsletter at the end of each term to their families to keep them up-to-date with what is happening at the centre and in their local community.