OSHC at my School
Do you work at a school with a need for Outside School Hours Care?
the Y is here to help! We work in partnership with you, your School Board, P & C and parents to provide a fun and safe before and after school care program during term time, and entertaining vacation care service during the holidays.
As one of the most successful providers of OSHC services in Australia, we provide a quality service your parents will be happy to use, where families can easily enrol, add casual days, book vacation care with no hidden costs, and children enjoy attending!
Our Point of Difference:
- Safeguarding children is our priority –That is why the Y is independently reviewed by the Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) to ensure our services are safe for all children and young people.
- No enrolment fees or hidden costs for families as well as an all-inclusive daily Vacation Care fee to ensure every child can attend the planned incursions or excursions.
- Health and Safety is one of our top priorities – We ensure the following is strictly adhered to
- Risk management procedures, which include risk assessments for excursions and incursions.
- Supervision and transport procedures that include roll calls and head counts every 15 minutes.
- Health and Safety Advisor visits to excursions sites
- Our teams are regularly audited to ensure compliance with these procedures.
- Our unique Approach to Learning – Using evidence based informed practice, our Educators program experiences and activities based on the children’s interests to stimulate and encourage spontaneity and curiosity.
- Our fees to families are competitively balanced to accommodate market rates and ensure a sustainable service.
- We reinvest surpluses into free community programs to continue creating meaningful change.
But don’t just take our word for it – read what some of your peers are saying about our OSHC services…
"I would highly recommend the Y, their level of care is very high and the warmth that comes out of the Y staff is just brilliant. One strong advantage of having the Y here onsite at St Denis is that we’ve actually picked up numbers in the school, some parents have come here because of the before and after school care”.
Eugene Lee, St Denis School Principal (2019)
Parents tell us what they think…
We are currently being reviewed by the Australian Childhood Foundation. For more information visit our Safeguarding page.