Before and After School Hours Care
Children can play, relax and even finish their homework in the safety of YMCA WA’s before and after school care centres.
Supporting families and their children in a fun and stimulating environment is all part of the YMCA’s Outside School Hours Care service (OSHC) that caters for children in Kindergarten through to the age of 12.
YMCA WA's commitment to the community means we offer before and after school care mostly at primary schools throughout metropolitan and regional Perth. Other facilities include well-equipped community centres.
Your children will be cared for in an environment where we take responsibility in helping school-aged children meet their emotional and educational needs.
They will hang out with their friends and meet new friends which will help develop the social skills that come from sharing a meal together or playing a game.
Hours of Operation
Most centres open at 7am and will look after children until the start of their school day. In the afternoons, centres operate from the end of school until 6pm.
All YMCA before and after school centres are staffed by qualified and experienced professionals who receive regular industry training.
Fees and Rebates
All eligible families will receive the Government’s Child Care Subsidy (CCS).
Please contact the location you are interested in enrolling your child in to find out more.
A Typical day
- Breakfast offered to all children, regardless of what time they arrive
- Flexible and relaxed atmosphere as we help children prepare their minds and bodies for the school day
- Inside and outside activities available and dependent on the personalities of the children and how they like to approach their mornings before heading to school
- Afternoon tea provided to re-energise children after school
- Homework club with qualified staff members on hand to help
- Structured and planned yet flexible activities are offered to help meet the physical, educational and emotional needs of children coming home from school
Above and Beyond
Don’t want your kids to miss out? Neither do we!
If your children are at a school-based centre and want to take part in out-of-hours activities being held on school grounds, our staff will gladly escort them and return them to the YMCA centre afterwards.
Our staff love hanging out with your kids and enjoy being a part of their lives. So much so they will walk new or shy kids to their classrooms or even attend an assembly to watch children receive merit awards. They are also so engaged in the community that they regularly offer their help at school sports carnivals.
Each centre sends out a newsletter at the end of each term to their families to keep them up-to-date with what is happening at the centre and in their local community.
Safeguarding your Children
At the YMCA we have an unwavering focus and commitment to safeguarding children. We have official accreditation as a Child Safe Organisation and a strong Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and Procedures.
Our commitment to our families, our community and our schools is that we will:
- Protect each child from harm
- Make supervision our Number 1 priority
- Ensure children are cared for in a safe environment
Most YMCA before and after school centres are conveniently located at primary schools, while some operate off-site. Children are carefully transported to and from these sites to their schools before and after the school day.
- Alkimos Beach
- Baldivis Gardens
- Beehive, Mosman Park
- Caralee, Willagee
- Carnaby Rise, Landsdale
- Dianella Heights
- Gumtrees, Leederville
- Joan Watters, Wembley
- Lake Gwelup
- Mercy College, Koondoola
- Mosman Park
- Sacred Heart, Highgate
- Serpentine Jarrahdale Community Recreation Centre
- St Bernedette's, Port Kennedy
- St Denis, Joondanna
- Woodland Grove, Byford
If you do not know which Centre to choose from and have a general enquiry please contact us on 9473 8400 or email email@example.com. Alternatively please submit your enquiry below and we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.