In Home Care
What is In Home Care?
YMCA WA In Home Care is a unique, flexible form of child care where the care of your child is provided in the safety and comfort of your home by an approved Educator. In Home Care is an excellent option when main stream child care services do not meet the individual family’s needs or is not accessible at all.
IHC Services are required to provide subsidised sessions of care only for children in families eligible for the CCS which can demonstrate that the other types of approved child care are not suitable or available and where one or more of the following criteria apply:
- parents or carers are working non-standard or variable hours, outside normal child care service hours
- parents or carers are geographically isolated from other types of approved child care, particularly in rural or remote locations
- the family has challenging or complex needs, including where families are experiencing challenging situations, and other approved child care services are not able to meet the needs of the child or the family.
Families accessing IHC due to challenging or complex needs may have circumstances which include one or more of the following:
- a child with additional needs or a disability whose early childhood education and care requirements cannot be catered for in another approved child care setting, or through other government funded or community-based services
- a family where a parent is undergoing treatment for a serious illness
- other complex family situations that prevent families from accessing other approved child care types.
In Home Care gives families the advantage of the children being able to remain in familiar surroundings, with siblings and familiar routines. Educators can ensure your children are able to continue to be involved with activities such as sporting commitments after school. YMCA In Home Care has made a commitment to best practice for families and Educators, ensuring children have access to premium quality child care. Educators receive access to the latest information and support is offered by qualified professionals.
In Home Care combats the isolation felt by families who would be otherwise unable to access quality child care. In Home Care allows families to access Centrelink Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate. Download the Centrelink Fee Assistance Information below to find out more.
Where is In Home Care located?
We currently have In Home Care available in the south west Region. However new locations may be available in the metro and Pilbara in the future.
||0408 087 398
||Kristie Vander Wielen
||0419 046 636
||0497 859 191
||0428 731 668
||0417 966 398
||0467 541 485
||0403 412 415
Looking for Care? Become an In Home Educator