Early Learning Centres
At YMCA WA Early Learning Centres (ELC) we are dedicated to inspiring and nurturing children to become independent in a real world environment.
Receive one week free! New families joining YMCA Early Learning Centres can receive one week free* when signing up now. Already an existing customer? We've got you covered! Refer a family to YMCA Early Learning Centres and also receive one week free*. Contact us for further details on how to redeem this offer.
*Conditions apply, contact Centre for more information.
Our Approach to Learning
- Who is the child? Understanding each and every child is vital to our educators
- The environment is the third teacher- (in partnership with parents and educators) we teach the children that learning can happen anywhere.
- Relationships- We put high importance on building relationships with the children, families, the community and the local schools. We listen to the children and build trust.
- Making learning visible- Children have individual portfolios that uncover the processes they have been involved in and how they have used their environment to learn. Portfolios can include conversational records to reflect the child's inquisitive nature.
What we do differently
- We simulate real world environments which allows children to escape a ‘plastic’ world. At YMCA Early Learning Centres our children use real cutlery at sit down meals
- We believe in risk versus challenge. We will not put your children in danger, but we want to encourage them to explore and teach them to be adaptable to their environment
- Spontaneity is embraced and our relationships with the children mean we can adapt any day to suit their needs and desires
- Children are exposed to activities such as woodwork, where we use real tools
- Our home corners are more home-like and realistic
Safeguarding your children
At the YMCA we have an unwavering focus and commitment to safeguarding children. We have official accreditation as a Child Safe Organisation and a strong Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and Procedures.
Our commitment to our families, our community and our schools is that we will:
- Protect each child from harm
- Make supervision our Number 1 priority
- Ensure children are cared for in a safe environment
We utilise our environment to bring the children closer to it and to understand it and discover what it can offer. One minute the children will be playing with sticks and dirt in the nature play area, the next they will be making a structure from them. We use every aspect of nature as a teaching resource.
At the YMCA our Early Learning staff love what they do.
They are fully-accredited and receive ongoing industry training to ensure they are kept up to date with modern teaching and early childhood education and care practices.
Parent Resource Library
Looking for inspiration or guidance? Check out our Parent Resource Library page for recipes used at our centres, top tips on tackling challenges and difficult situations with your child, and more.